The Birds’ Bistro Coronavirus Information
Situation from 19th July
We are slightly tweaking our covid precautions from Monday 19th July as follows:
The shop is now back to opening at the usual times
- 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- 10am to 4pm Saturday
- we are currently not open on Sundays
- Although the shop is open again, we understand you may not be comfortable coming into the shop, so we continue to offer pre-booked collections
- We still need collections be prebooked and prepaid, and a time slot agreed so we have time to get your order ready
- Collections are from the carpark, from the metal box at the door
- Available Monday to Friday, 10.30-4.30
- We will arrange collections by phone.
- You can order online, just tell us in the information box (or by email) if you would like to collect and we will phone you to arrange time etc.
- If you are ok putting the order in your car, we will leave it outside in the metal box with your name on the bag(s). Your invoice and receipt will be with your order.
- If you need help loading into your car, ring the doorbell when you arrive and we will come out to put it into your car
We are still sending courier deliveries to addresses on mainland UK, the courier company are asking you to specify a safe location to leave packages in case you are out, so you don’t have to re-arrange delivery
Note – the courier companies are extremely busy at the moment, so they are advising that deliveries may take an extra day or 2 to get to you
Local Cumbria Deliveries
We are delivering as usual across Cumbria in our vehicles, please specify a safe location to leave packages if you are out
We can deliver to you. Please call the shop or order online by 9am the day before your delivery day, see below. We will try to stick to the usual delivery schedule, but may need to deliver on alternative days if the vans are full and we need to spread the deliveries out.
Tuesday – Grasmere, Ambleside, Windermere, Kendal
Wednesday – Keswick, Cockermouth, Whitehaven
Thursday – Penrith, Carlisle
Friday – Appleby, Sedburgh, Kirkby Lonsdale, Kirkby Stephen
We are delivering a high number of orders and using both our delivery vehicles.
Orders must be received as early in the week as possible – we may have to move deliveries into the following week if vans are full – we will put message on woicemail and checkout pages to let you know if this is the case
Telephone Orders and general calls
We are picking up phone calls and processing orders Monday-Friday 10am to 5pm, but at some times you may get diverted to our voicemail, it probably means we’re on the phone or helping customers in the shop, leave a message and we will call you back.
At the moment, at the weekend, we don’t always have enough staff on site to look after the shop and answer the phone, so messages and orders received over the weekend may have to be picked up on the following Monday morning.
Please do not leave any payment details on the voicemail